Monday 26 October 2009

Sony Ericcson Xperia phone mistake?

Did I make a mistake in ordering the Sony Ericsson Xperia smartphone last week?

While I knew that the Xperia X1 only had Windows Mobile 6.1 installed on it, I had assumed that I would be able to upgrade to 6.5, but Sony Ericsson has officially announced that they have no plans for 6.5 in their road map, i guess this is because they are concentrating on the Xperia X2 which is due to be released any time now.

This should not be a major blow to me, as there are only 3 major functions that I really need my new Sony Ericsson phone to perform.

1. Make calls
2. Have a reasonable calendar I can sync with a PC
3. Ability to access internet for limited browsing and maybe pick up the ocassional email on the Sony Ericsson mobile phone.
4. Have a touch sensitive display screen.

The following functions are desirable, but not a show stopper

5. Wifi connectivity
6. Take photos for blogging and family purposes

All in all, I knew I wasn't getting the latest Sony Ericsson windows smartphone (they always inflate the prices of new devices anyway), don't mind windows 6.1 and wasn't willing to spend lots of money on a monthly contract.

My new phone arrives tomorrow, so only time will tell if I will love the Xperia X1 as I did my old faithful SE K750i.

By the way there is an un-official Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 windows 6.5 rom available on the internet for those geeks out there who really feel up to hacking their phones.

My first Sony ericsson mobile phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment